The core of CEA’s Christian online highschool is the concept that God has endowed each individual with unique gifts and talents and has a specific calling on their life. Our purpose is to help each student develop into their calling, and we see our work as a ministry – as part of God’s calling and plan – in our student’s lives. While our efforts are primarily focused on academic achievement, as part of our whole-life approach to education, we recognize the vital role that spiritual development plays in the lives of our students.
At the same time, we regard faith as an intensely personal issue, and instruction regarding religion as primarily a family matter – under the parent’s authority. In regards to matters of faith, we see our role as one of coming along side and supporting the faiths of our students and their families. Here is how we apply these principles:
- We welcome students from all faiths, including non-believers, into our school.
- We respect the faith, values and convictions of our students and their families, whatever they are.
- We do not attempt to proselytize, evangelize or “convert” our students from one faith or denomination to another.
- We openly recognize and support the faith and convictions of our students – we openly pray with them and for them.
- We require our Christian students to complete one full year of religious or Bible study as a way of supporting their faith.
- We ask non-Christian students to complete a comparable study in ethics or religion.
As an organization, Christian Educators adheres to the fundamental tenets of Christianity, but we are not affiliated with any denomination or church. We hold to the following principles:
- We strive to maintain a relationship between academic excellence and the dynamics of Christian life, with the highest quality of educational materials, grounded in Christian Values and beliefs.
- We believe that “All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.”
- We believe that Scripture supports home education: “Listen, my son, to your father’s instruction and do not forsake your mother’s teaching.”
- We believe that man was created in the image of God, was deceived and fell into sin, and must be “born again”, by believing and confessing that Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior.
- We believe that the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to convict, indwell, guide, instruct, and empower the believer for godly living for service, and for the building of the “Kingdom of God.”
- We believe that if you “Train a child in the way he should go, when he is old he will not depart from it.”
- We believe in the Biblical concept: “line upon line, precept upon precept.”