This is the time of year when many parents and students think about changing schools. There are many reasons for thinking about such a change:
- Student just transitioned to a new school in the fall that isn’t working.
- Bullying and peer-pressure.
- Current curriculum isn’t working
- Student is starting new activities and needs more flexibility in their schedule.
- Recent diagnosis of a medical condition which will interfere with regular school attendance.
Christian Educators Academy (CEA) has an admissions process that makes these transitions easy. The documentation requirements are simple, and registration can be done in a day. We have payment plans that make the tuition affordable. We offer a combination of unique advantages that make CEA attractive to families considering a transition:
- We are fully accredited by Advanc-ED and SACS.
- Students can enroll in CEA at any time of the year.
- We are extremely flexible in how classes are scheduled – we can schedule your classes around individual preferences and needs.
- We are a small school with limited enrollment – we get to know all of our students personally.
- With our new homeroom process, all students have a mentor who regularly monitors their progress and keeps them and their parents informed.
- For students who enroll in January, we offer the choice of two curriculum – Apex and Gradpoint. After January, we still offer open enrollment in Gradpoint to all new students.
- We give credit for any previous work that has received credit from an accredited school on an official transcript from that school. Schools generally award credits for completed semesters of work. In Florida, in high school, each completed semester receives a half-credit. For middle school courses, we just need a report card showing completed semesters of work.
- We also have a method for awarding credit to students coming out of a homeschool through our Curriculum Director. The curriculum used and grades received needs to be submitted along with samples of work completed, and this is reviewed by the Curriculum Director for suitability.
- While we cannot award credit for partially completed semesters from another school, we do try to work with students who have partially completed semesters. This is done on a case-by-case basis. Call our business office for more details.
- We do offer the flexibility of allowing students to start their whole year over, and can offer the flexibility of either trying to complete the year by August/September so that they can start the following year at the normal time, or taking a whole year to complete the work. Students who want to start their whole year over are usually enrolled in the Gradpoint curriculum because of its flexibility.
By enrolling in Christian Educators Academy, you can be assured that your child will receive a high-quality education from caring professionals, using the best college-preparatory curriculum available, and that any work they complete at CEA will be documented on an accredited diploma. If you are interested in making a transition, please e-mail or call our business office today to discuss your options.