Accredited Online High School
Benefits of an Online High School
An online high school like Christian Educators Academy (CEA) offers many benefits. Here are just a few of them:
- With an online high school you can learn at home; it is like a home-school. You control the learning environment; and there are no cliques, peer-pressure, teasing or bullying.
- Online schools are portable, you can take them with you wherever you go. If you’re traveling, all you need is a computer and the Internet, and you have school.
- Online schools allow you to set your own weekly schedule for schoolwork. You can do your schoolwork when you want to, at the times when it is most convenient for you.
- Online schools allow you to set your own pace. You can work ahead, or behind. If you have a major event, you can work around it. You can take a break or vacation whenever you want to. You (or your parents) can schedule your Winter and Spring Breaks on off-weeks – not when everyone else in the world is taking their Winter or Spring Break.
- Online schools eliminate the hassle and expense of having to commute to and from a brick-and-mortar school everyday.
- A properly accredited online high school can supply you with a diploma and transcripts that are accepted by any college or university.
What kinds of students choose online high schools?
- Students with strong extra-curricular interests or that are actively involved in an activity that requires them to be away from home for extended periods of time. Examples include sports, drama, dance, theater, equestrian riding, animal husbandry or even having their own business, to name a few.
- Students who do feel out of place in their current school. Perhaps they have just moved into a new area, or they transferred from homeschool or a private school to a public school. Perhaps they are being bullied, or being subjected to ridicule or peer pressure because of their unique talents and gifts.
- Parents who live abroad and want their children to attend a US-based school. Parents who frequently travel and re-locate for their job.
- Students with medical issues who cannot attend a regular school.
Additional advantages of online high schools:
- It will help you (or your student) become more independent, self-reliant, and confident.
- It will better prepare you for taking online courses in college, and college in general.
- It provides the ultimate in flexibility, the ability to establish your own workspace, and freedom from peer-pressure.
Reasons to Choose Christian Educators Academy as your online high school
If you are looking at online high schools, there are many choices available to you. Why choose CEA (Christian Educators Academy)? Here are some things that make CEA unique:
- CEA is fully accredited by AdvancED and by SACS (Southern Association of Colleges and Schools).
- CEA transcripts and diplomas have been accepted by colleges and universities across the U.S; for a complete list, visit CEA’s “Graduates” page.
- CEA is small school with a limited number of students who are well known by teachers and administrators. We tailor our programs around the individual needs of each student.
- CEA teachers and administrators are accessible – we can always be contacted by phone or e-mail.
- CEA teachers are professional, highly-qualified, and caring.
- CEA uses two of the highest quality college-preparatory curricula available – Apex and Gradpoint.
- CEA high school students have a choice of either curriculum.
- CEA offers year-round enrollment – students can start or stop their school year at any time.
- CEA offers a wide array of high-school electives.
- CEA offers Honors, AP and Dual Enrollment courses.
- CEA provides the ultimate flexibility – students can work any time they want, as long as they meet minimal log-in requirements.
- CEA programs are available throughout the US and across the world.
- CEA accept home-school families (see our homeschooling page).
- CEA keeps costs low so we can make ourselves affordable. We are much less expensive than brick-and-mortar private schools, and well priced versus many private online schools.
Here is how we compare to the alternatives…
Public school (traditional)
- At CEA you can avoid a secular environment, peer-pressure and bullying
- At CEA parents have a voice in what their children learn – we adapt our curriculum to parents needs and concerns.
- With an online school, you can work at home, or wherever you go.
- We provide the ultimate in flexibility.
- All at a very reasonable price.
Versus public online schools (commonly known as “Virtual Schools”)
- At CEA we have small class sizes (typically 15-20 per class)
- Students get to know their teachers individually, and have one-on-one attention
- Teachers have the freedom to be innovative with their curriculum, and to teach on an individual level
- Unlike public online schools, we are not free, but our prices are reasonable. You get what you pay for.
Private Schools (traditional)
- We have all the benefits of a private school, but are much less expensive.
- We offer the ultimate flexibility in scheduling, allowing students to start/stop/work whenever they want.
- Students work at home, just like a home-school.
- We provide teachers who teach the courses. This takes all of the teaching burden off the parents, especially in subjects like Algebra, Chemistry and British Lit. Do you really want to teach any of those things when you can have trained teachers, talented in those areas, teaching your children?
- We also provide grading, record-keeping, and accredited diplomas and transcripts. We make sure your student meets the educational requirements in your state (and in Florida) and that upon graduation, he/she will have a diploma that will be accepted by any college or the US Military.
- All of these things free you to parent – to encourage, motivate, oversee and supervise – to be there to help your child as they grow from a teen into an adult.
- We make it easy for homeschoolers to come into our school – see our homeschooler’s page.