As an accredited online school, CEA requires all of its online high school and online homeschooling students to complete a total of 100 hours of community service before graduating. Students can volunteer in a variety of ways, including through their local church or a community service organization. In order to receive credit for community service, students need to not only complete the hours, but also write a 500-word essay, and be evaluated by a supervisor. Everything needed to receive credit for community service is explained in the attachment below.
Volunteer Match strengthens communities by making it easier for good people and good causes to connect. The organization offers a variety of online services to support a community of nonprofit, volunteer and business leaders committed to civic engagement. This popular service welcomes millions of visitors a year and has become the preferred Internet recruiting tool for more than 71,000 nonprofit organizations.
Career and Aptitude Testing
We recommend that all students in an online high school program take a career test. Knowing your personality and aptitude toward a particular career can help you choose which colleges you should apply to. Two suggestions are Career Key and Career Personality and Aptitude Tests
Bible Study Essay Questions
All CEA online high school and online homeschooling students must earn 1 full credit in Bible. After registration, please call CEA administration at 1-800-886-0501 for a textbook course that will be sent to you. Students must complete the entire workbook and send it in for review prior to receiving their grade. Each course also requires a 500-word typed essay. Here are the essay questions for each course:
- Bible for a Firm Foundation
- What does it mean to walk in “sonship”? Use scripture to support your thoughts.
- Once saved, always saved? Do you believe this, why or why not. Use scripture to support your answer.
- Overcoming Life
- Review the parables in all four Gospels, then choose a parable that is found in two or more Gospels. Provide an analysis of the similarities and differences between the versions. What is the significance of this comparison for understanding the distinctive theological perspectives of the Gospels?
- Review the passion narrative in all four Gospels (trial and crucifixion). What is significant for the authors of these accounts. What is at stake in answering the question of who killed Jesus?
- Life of Excellence
- How does the Spirit produce the qualities of love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faithfulness, and self-control in us today. Use Scripture and personal testimony to support your answers.
- Lovers of God
- Many Christians find this book inspirational, turning to select Scriptures in their time of need. Some of the more popular ones include “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me” (Phil 4:13) and “The peace of God which surpasses all understanding will keep your heart and minds in Christ Jesus (Phil 4:7). Write an essay about a personal experience in you used one of these scriptures (or another one) to get through a problem. How did this experience change you, strengthen you, or help you to see things in a new perspective? Be specific.
In addition, here is a like to Free Online Bible Studies: Home Bible studies and courses about Jesus, salvation, and the Christian religion. All Bible study lessons and courses have quizzes and free studies on critical topics such as forgiveness, the Holy Spirit, World Religions verses Christianity, and much more.
Online CEA high school students are encouraged to email their teachers for math help. Teachers can create customized video lessons for you, or use Skype to explain math concepts you are struggling with. We also encourage our students to use videos from Khan Academy with a library of over 3000 videos with help on just about any math problem, other subjects from physics to finance, and guides for time-management, test taking, study skills, note-taking, etc.
Mental Health Screening
Cook Counseling Center and Screening for Mental Health, offers free and anonymous online screening for depression, alcohol use, eating disorders, and anxiety. The online screenings are informational, not diagnostic, and treatment recommendations are not provided.
Federal and State Services Help
The federal government and many state governments operate a number of toll-free resource hotlines to provide information about many services.
Find the best library and reference resources at Library Spot, including top dictionaries. Libraries Online, Academic Libraries, Film Libraries, Gov’t Libraries, K-12 Libraries, Law Libraries, Medical Libraries, National Libraries, etc.
Online Drivers Ed
Online Drivers Ed teaches you the ways of getting your learners permit. Start down the road today to get your learners permit by registering your online Drivers Ed course today.
DMV Approved Courses online. Easy, Interactive, online course for your state.